Thursday, March 25, 2010
I feel so bad! I haven't posted for 11 days. This won't happen again! I have just been so busy lately with having a lot of homework since it's getting towards the end of the year. Anyway, I'll really try to post more often.
So, I guess I haven't really had anything happen since then. I made my website, which I already updated about. Let me tell you, that was sooo hard to make! If I do say so myself, I think that it turned out pretty good though. Make sure that when you type in the address, you add in the www. or else some lame register.com ad comes up. I'm working on fixing that. If you haven't looked at it, make sure to check it out. www.threadsforteens.com
Well, about what's going on the with the project. I am going to start doing inventory this weekend, so that I can figure out what I have so far. I'm actually kind of looking forward to doing this, just to really look at what has been donated.
Donations just keep coming in! You don't know how great that is. When I first thought of this project, I never really knew how big that it was going to be. Everybody has just been so great and nice and generous. It's absolutely amazing! Seriously, I don't think that anybody really ever had a clue.
I'm going to be speaking at my church April 18th. That will be awesome. If you any of you guys want to come, let me know!
I promise that I will do an update with pictures soon! I know that whenever I read a blog, pictures are what make it interesting and not just look like a big bunch of blah, blah, blah. Look out for a big post saturday or sunday!
Also, it would be absolutely fantabulous if you all would become a fan of my facebook page. It would be so cool to have 100 fans.
Click HERE to become a fan.
Posted by Allyson at 5:58 PM
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Now, one thing that I have refrained from writing about are rejection letters. I didn't really see a purpose of writing about something that isn't going to happen. Plus, I totally understand that there are different reasons people can't donate. Company policy, money issues, whatever. I don't have a problem with it at all. Rejection is something that comes along with doing something like this. Besides, I believe that the more rejections you get, the closer you are to getting something huge. So bottom line, rejections do not bother nor discourage me. Nevertheless, there is something that bothers me immensely. I'm going to backtrack a little.
As everybody knows I have been sending out letters and follow-up emails and so forth. Well, for a certain company I sent a follow-up email as I had not heard anything back from the letter that I had mailed, which is totally normal. I have sent out many follow-up emails. Anyway, today I got a response from this certain company and it really bothered me. You can read what it said.
Posted by Allyson at 1:57 PM
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
This week has been really good so far! I have gotten so many things taken care of. I'm going to do it in list form. :)
- A lovely storage unit place donated a store unit to store all of my items in! I'm very happy about that because my room has been getting a little crowded. I actually went to the place today and checked it out, and it's so nice and spacious. PLUS it comes with clothing racks and hangers! I was so surprised when I got there and saw all of that. It's one more thing off of my list that I don't have to do.
- Innovative Screen Printing donated custom t-shirts that will have our logo on the front, and all of the donors on the back. I was super excited when I got that email because that is something that I always keep talking about trying to pull together, but until this weekend I hadn't really started on that. Within 20 minutes of emailing, I had a response! Anyway, if you ever need a custom t-shirts, make sure to check them out!
- I got THREE donations within these past two days! I'm very ecstatic about them all, because they're from three such great and relevant places. I can't wait to post more info.
- Okay, so everybody should check out Blowfish Shoe's blog! I did an interview with them a while back, and they posted it! It's so cool seeing it on the website. Click HERE to see it and if you feel so inclined, maybe leave a comment? ;)
- On the topic of Blowfish shoes, I received a huge box from them filled with the cutest shoes ever. Next time you need a pair of shoes, make sure to consider them!
Well, that's all for now! Talk to you soon!
Posted by Allyson at 7:48 PM
Thursday, March 4, 2010
I haven't really updated my blog lately! That's okay though, I have some exciting news now. :)
Well this week I received some lovely nail polish in the mail OPI. I was so excited to get that! All of the colors are gorgeous and just perfect! I was so happy to receive that. And also, I will be receiving a couple of things in the mail hopefully this week or next week. I'll post pictures when I get the stuff!
I also got two emails this week from interested companies, keep your fingers crossed! I really hope that they work! If they do, that would be amazing, because these places are places that I'm sure you know of and like. :)
Here's a picture of me and some of the nail polish!
OH I MADE A FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!!! BECOME A FAN!!!!
Posted by Allyson at 5:47 PM
Monday, March 1, 2010
Okay so yesterday I finally finished stuffing almost all of the envelopes that I had originally planned to do. That was quite a large accomplishment for me. The only thing now that I have to do is get more places to send letters too, that is getting really hard though!
I also sent out follow-up emails to the batch of first people that I mailed letters too. I got a donation from doing that so I'm pretty excited! YAY! haha. Next week I'll do more follow-up emails. This week, I'm going to send out letters to local storage unit companies and screen printing companies. I need a storage unit to store all of my stuff. Hopefully I can get that done soon!
Well sorry that this update is really quick!
I'll put more later when I have better news. :)
PS: Can any of you actually believe that it's already march!?!??!
Posted by Allyson at 7:41 PM